Nicros, Inc. & Vertical Endeavors | Graphic Design & Social Media Specialist
St. Paul, MN 55106
Full Time, 40 hours/week
Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, digital and print design processes
History of climbing experience or climbing industry preferred
Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or related fields
Nicros, Inc. prides itself on offering the finest climbing wall products and services in the climbing industry (climbing walls, design and engineering, training, handholds and all supporting products) since 1992. Nicros has been a leader through innovation, high end design and construction techniques for climbing facilities, climbing walls, the development of new handhold and fitness resources, along with providing quality professional training and services to our customers.
Vertical Endeavors operates several of the best equipped and carefully designed indoor climbing facilities in the nation with multiple locations throughout the Midwest. People of all ages and abilities enjoy the fun and challenge of this physical activity. Our climbing facilities offer climbing challenges, fitness, yoga, and programs for all skill levels and ages.
Vertical Endeavors is committed to leveraging its rich history of thoughtful innovation in the indoor rock climbing industry to make rock climbing accessible, educational, challenging, and fun for new and veteran climbers alike. We are looking for staff members who have a customer-centric approach while considering areas of safety, sales, and facility presentation. As the face of climbing to new customers, and a voice for the climbing community and our members, front desk employees wear many hats. Applicants should enjoy climbing in any form, and be excited about sharing that excitement with everyone who comes into a Vertical Endeavors’ climbing facility.
In this position, you will collaborate with our management and sales team to develop and produce print and web-based materials. You will serve as the design point person to fulfill assignments and be integral in the ideation, creation and distribution of promotional materials for Vertical Endeavors and their sister company, Nicros. Additionally, the Graphic Design + Social Media Specialist will play an integral part in the implementation, ongoing management and growth of the social media presence for both companies.
- Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or related fields
- Portfolio displaying exceptional design capabilities
- Knowledge of designing for digital formats and preparing files for print
- Proficiency in designing and updating content with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, WordPress, Excel and Word
- Excellent communication and professional writing skills are imperative
- Interest in the climbing/outdoor industry preferred
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Understanding of current social media trends
- Experience with photography/videography
- Design print materials including posters, handouts, brochures, banners, branded items and apparel
- Design digital media for web and social applications
- Design and provide artwork for publication insertions on an assigned schedule
- Help define and execute marketing campaigns and promotions
- Help maintain company websites using both WordPress and eCommerce site
- Update and create artwork for all marketing efforts
- Perform extensive market research
- Design new posts for social media accounts
- Identify new market opportunities
- Determine brand perceptions and reputations and analyze competitors
- Clearly communicating the campaign vision to the team
- Content write and build campaigns fore for a wide range of mediums and project types
- Design all promotional materials (e.g. print/digital, direct mail, takeaways, email campaigns, etc.)
- Create new product announcements, instruction manuals and new project proposal materials
- Update digital content based on the requests of the Marketing Director
- Fulfill all social media/email campaign requests
- Print/order all marketing materials
- Organize and maintain marketing server
Salary will be determined by experience, knowledge of the climbing industry, and related skills as listed.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com. Once reviewed, our team will contact qualified candidates regarding the next steps. No phone calls please.