Nicros, Inc. | Full-Time Production Associate
St. Paul, MN 55106
Full Time, non-exempt
40 hours/week (Overtime may be required during peak season)
Manufacturing or construction experience (recommended)
History of climbing experience (recommended)
Bachelor's Degree (recommended but not required)
Nicros, Inc. prides itself on offering the finest products for climbing wall design, construction, and operations in the climbing industry. Since 1992, Nicros has been an innovative leader through design of climbing facilities, constant improvement of construction techniques, development of new handhold and training products, along with providing quality professional services to our customers.
Nicros is currently seeking a Full-Time Production Associate to produce climbing walls along with climbing wall products and services (handholds, volumes, climbing wall panels [both wood and polymer], landing surfaces, operational training, inspections, and auto belay safety systems). This position will participate in multiple facets of the manufacturing process including designing products, creating and finishing manufactured resin parts, constructing wooden volumes, manufacturing climbing wall panels, packaging orders, and preparing items for shipping. Additionally, this position includes, but is not limited to CNC machine operation, climbing wall construction, product installation (climbing walls, landing surfaces, Auto Belay Safety System, etc.), inspections/trainings, various “on- site” work, and miscellaneous customer support services. If you are looking for an exciting and varied job, you won’t find better, no two days will be the same!
The ideal candidate must be skilled, reliable, self-motivated, and capable of managing several projects simultaneously. They will be involved in all phases of the production cycle (from concept and design to installation). Prior manufacturing or commercial construction experience is a plus. Climbing experience on various types of climbing walls, surfaces, and locations, along with knowledge of the outdoor recreational industry is desired.
- Must have a positive and constructive approach in dealing with others/customers. We pride ourselves in our customer service!
- The ability to work independently and solve problems with resources available.
- Employee must be detail oriented with the ability to repeat processes accurately.
- Must be dedicated to achieving high product quality.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Be able to work in chemical, manufacturing, and construction environments.
- All employees must comply with all safety requirements.
- Experience in construction, carpentry, welding, and/or painting is a plus.
- Experience working with paints, chemicals, resins and/or fiberglass is a plus.
- Climbing experience on various artificial climbing walls is a plus.
- Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), such as a vapor mask, apron, sleeves, hearing and eye protection, harness, etc. as needed.
- Must be able to pass a drug background and physical screening.
- Be available to work Monday–Friday 8 am–4:30 pm (Base hours)
- Must be willing to travel to work sites, for various inspections, installations, and trainings as required (approx. 20 to 40%).
- Salary will be determined by level of experience and employee qualifications
- Additional compensation for work outside of the office/shop
- Employment includes a free membership to Vertical Endeavors (six climbing gym locations) for the employee and their immediate family members.
- Position is Full-Time, non-exempt with benefits.
Please email your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once reviewed, our team will contact qualified candidates regarding the next steps. No phone calls please. We look forward to seeing your information.